So Many Shirts and Only One Body

Where I chronicle the multitudinous array of t-shirts of various pictorials and witty sayings. Also posts of wonderment!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Manny, Manny Calavera... Got No Skin-Ah, Got No Hair-Ah..."


Why is it that the really good adventure games gets shafted so often? I mean, sure them RPG and Halo-what-nots are fun but adventure games like Monkey Island and the Zork series were great. I've wasted many hours just clicking at the mouse and following the story in my youth. What's wrong with youth today? Methinks there's too much of FPSes about. Isn't that particular market saturated? And bring Al Lowe back to Leisure Suit Larry. That last game was a piece of crap, sprinkled with crap with a side of crap. Where's the revitalization of the adventure gaming genre?

Ahem.

Anyway. This t-shirt from Bang! Bang! T-Shirts just tugs the heartstrings of nostalgia. A reminder of a better yesterday.

Monies: £11.99 or approximately US$24

PS: By the by, BB T-Shirts (that's how the cool kids abbreviates) wants you to design a t-shirt with an 80s theme. Winners get money. In English currency!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Monkey Island is SO GOOD. Which one's your favorite? I think mine is Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. It's also funny that you should mention Monkey Island in your post, because not only is it my favorite computer game of all time, I just wrote a brief paper on the role of monkeys in The Secret of Monkey Island from a structuralist anthropological perspective. It's pretty hilarious because I get to talk about ghost pirates and giant monkey heads with waxy buildup.

11:38 PM  
Blogger The Jaunty Scamp said...

Dude... you're such a nerd.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Ha ha, I know I am! But the paper has lots of pretty pictures, which I think makes it a little less nerdy. Maybe.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home